Author Topic: Updates?  (Read 3138 times)

tolkienfan1

• Oracle of Omeyrenon
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
Updates?
« on: June 26, 2018, 03:35:27 AM »
Are there any new updates with the game? I know many of us are eager to see additional posts, videos, etc., to see how the game is coming along. Even though the Kickstarter is over, one of the things we all talked about was how important it is to keep the tribe up to date in order to continue generating interest.

ImprobablePause

• Forum Member

• View Profile
Re: Updates?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 05:19:41 AM »
There should be a new update in a couple of days. We apologize for the delay- we've been working on finalizing the details of pledges and getting a comprehensive pledge manager up. Stay tuned!

tolkienfan1

• Oracle of Omeyrenon
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 03:25:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Improbable Pause!  :D

ImprobablePause

• Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »
Hey guys. I just wanted to give a bit of a further update. Very soon we're going to launch BackerKit for existing and new pledges. Because we are now transitioning from the funding and organizational phase, we had a whole lot going on behind the scenes that didn't make a lot of sense to post updates about over the past couple of weeks (for instance, modifying our design documents to include achieved social and monetary stretch goals doesn't make for a very interesting update, nor just preparing to launch BackerKit). Going forward with development we will definitely make an effort to post more frequent updates so our backers can see how it's going- it's very important to us that our backers see the work we're putting in so they understand that we're using their investment in the project wisely.

In any case, once BackerKit is launched we're going to be moving back to full-swing development, which should make for more interesting updates  :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:33:43 PM by ImprobablePause »

tolkienfan1

• Oracle of Omeyrenon
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »
Hi Again, ImprobablePause!

Any updates you can post to let the backers know how things are going? Even if it's "We're working hard!", an update would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ImprobablePause

• Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 03:28:44 PM »
Hey tolkienfan1. Yes, there will be an update soon. At the very least, by the end of the month. Stay tuned!

tolkienfan1

• Oracle of Omeyrenon
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 01:58:31 AM »
Thanks for the update!  :D

kanisatha

• Generous Soul
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »
Haven't had any updates or information in several months. Getting a little concerned about the project.

ImprobablePause

• Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 03:29:12 AM »
While we understand your concern and want to keep you as informed as possible, it has only been about a month and a half since our last update. We'll be releasing another one soon.

kanisatha

• Generous Soul
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 05:41:45 PM »
Ok, thanks!

And just FYI, when I say "update" I don't necessarily mean a KS update. I'm just looking for something, anything, here in the forums. Just short posts about game systems or other little bits and pieces of info being posted here by the devs would go a long way. :)

ImprobablePause

• Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 06:11:04 PM »
I get what you mean. I will say this: overall, the devs (me especially) tend to be more active on our Discord. So if any info comes out or you have any questions you would like to see answered quickly, that's where to go for the quickest information. Forums are updated as well with new things when possible, but the kind of casual mini-updates you're talking about are much more likely to happen (and have happened) on Discord.

kanisatha

• Generous Soul
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 01:33:42 AM »
Ok, fair enough. Unfortunately I don't have a Discord account and no intention to get one, so I am stuck looking at this forum.

tolkienfan1

• Oracle of Omeyrenon
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 02:55:06 AM »
I opened a Discord account to keep up with more frequent posts. I do wish you had enough staff to keep us regularly updated on this forum, but I understand having only so many free hands. Still, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is getting a bit nervous about the support we've given as backers. Many of us shared--up front--our desire for regular updates, no matter how small they seem, so we know progress is being made.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but I see people like Jeff Vogel posting all over the place about the most minor progress with his new game "Queen's Wish" that he funded through Kickstarter. "I made a monster today, and I tested it, and it kicked my butt!" (Okay, maybe not that minor, but you get the picture...) If this is supposed to be at a beta backer stage by spring (only what, 1-3 months away?), don't you have a more detailed trailer to share? I guess what I'm saying is: You need to market the heck out of this game!

Enough said. Hugs and love for all of you!

ImprobablePause

• Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 11:47:38 AM »
Hey tolkienfan1.

I just wanted to point out our most recent update if you haven't seen it (posted yesterday) and also reiterate from that update that we are going to have another update (with a gameplay video) coming out in a couple weeks. We're going to be making a serious effort to release updates with more frequency than we have been recently, along those same lines. I can't guarantee it will be every two weeks, but it will be more frequently than before.

You can see our most recent update here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2494699
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 12:29:43 AM by ImprobablePause »

kanisatha

• Generous Soul
  • Forum Member

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 10:48:01 PM »
Thanks for today's KS update! Really enjoyed it, especially of course the extended gameplay video. My excitement for this game is rekindled.